Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Got Insurance?

So, not having insurance through this whole pregnancy has been an experience for sure. But, I got this phone call today on how much my hospital bill was and I think it is insane. So, I was at the hospital a total of 32 hours with my c-section (usually you have to stay 72), no complications, didn't eat the hospital's food (people brought me food), and my bill was just over $11,000. Insane right? That doesn't even include what I've paid my doc, the pediatrician, and the anastesiologist. I can't wait to see the itemized report saying how much they charged me per toilet paper sheet I used, haha. I think it is ridiculous that it is that much for how little time I actually spent at the hospital. Should've become a doctor haha.

2 comments:

Laura Blue said...

OMG! That IS insane! Wow, remind me never to have a baby if I don't have insurance. I would be broke the rest of my life. lol Well, good luck with everything. I hope you figure it all out. We still don't "own" Cambria yet and it's been almost a year lol

Owens Family said...

Kambree is so cute, I can't believe how much it costs to have a baby but on the bright side I bet she is worth every penny.